About the Doctors
Dr. Knaup is the only board certified endodontist in Southern Minnesota.
Dr. Knaup is the only board certified endodontist in Southern Minnesota. She opened her dream practice in Rochester in 2008. She also practiced in Colorado Springs for three years prior to moving back to her hometown of Rochester.
Dr. Knaup grew up in the Whitewater valley and Rochester. She has been involved in a number of volunteer activities including the Good Samaritan Dental Clinic and Gives Kids a Smile, and she has taught at both the University of Minnesota and the General Practice Residency at the Denver VA Medical Center.
She is the current past president for the Minnesota Association of Endodontists, and has had the privilege of serving on the board of the Zumbro Valley Dental Society, including a term as president. She has also had the honor of speaking at Mayo Clinic Dental Reviews, Mayo Clinic Dental Grand Rounds, the Austin Dental Society, and the Rochester Dental Assistant Association. She is involved in clinical based research with the Dental Practice Based Network, specifically regarding facial pain.
Outside of practice she enjoys spending time with her family, reading, hiking, painting, and traveling.
Her education includes:
- M.S. and Certificate 2005 Endodontic Residency University of Minnesota School of Dentistry
- Certificate 2003 General Practice Residency VA Medical Center, Denver, CO
- D.D.S. (highest honors) 2002 University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, Minneapolis, MN
- B.S. (honors) 1998, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- A.S. 1993, Mayo Clinic School of Health Related Sciences, Rochester, MN, Clinical Neurophysiology Technology
- American Association of Endodontists (www.aae.org)
- College of Diplomates, American Board of Endodontics
- Minnesota Association of Endodontists
- Minnesota Dental Association
- South Eastern District Dental Society
- Zumbro Valley Dental Association (www.zvds.org)
- American Dental Association (www.ada.org)
- National Dental Practice-Based Research Network (www.nationaldentalpbrn.org)
Michael Regan Anderson, DDS, MS
Michael W. Regan Anderson DDS, MS is a Board-Eligible endodontist originally from the Pacific Northwest. He came to Minnesota for his dental education after graduating cum laude from Whitman College in Washington State. As a dental student at the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, he served as Class President and President of the Council of Students before receiving his DDS with highest honors. He was admitted to the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honor Dental Society. By graduation, he received awards in endodontics, oral radiology, implantology, leadership, and dental research.
Dr. Regan Anderson has research experiences in cancer biology, endodontic rotary instruments, and oral radiographic technology. He was appointed to serve on the Educational Affairs Committee with the American Association of Endodontists. As a resident in the Division of Endodontics at the University of Minnesota, he was appointed the Chief Resident.
Dr. Regan Anderson came to Rochester to join Dr. Knaup and the Zumbro Valley Endodontics team in 2017. He and his wife, who has a Ph.D. in molecular cancer biology, have a young son. He enjoys cycling, kayaking, basketball, and spending time in the outdoors with his family and dog.